Fly Fusion Forums

Allen Fly Reels

pokerfish

Didnt get any responses to this query in another thread, so thought I would try it as a stand alone.

anybody using the Allen reels allenflyfishing.com? Heard some good things on the speypages about them, and I was thinking of trying out the 5/6 on the amundson 1134 wind warrior spey

Thanks

Tom

www.AllenFlyFishing.com

They are nicely built reels. My brother and dad each have one. Pretty tight tolerences and they both say the drag works excellent. I have not fished them myself and my dad and brothers just got theirs in the fall. Time will tell I guess. For the price I don't think you can go wrong to at least try one and see how it holds up. I talked to the guy and he is getting in the Trout Reel in red and blue also, if you are into that kind of thing. I do have the trout 5/7 sitting in my truck right now but haven't used it. It is one that my brother used a couple times. Not sure where you are located but you could borrow it and try it out sometime if you would like.