Fly Fusion Forums

Offroad Vehicle Website?

Is there a gov't of Alberta website that shows parks/etc where offroad vehicles are and are not allowed? Where they need to stick to trails and what are those trails?

I see there is a North Ram Nature Area but I have no idea what that means because obviously quads are tearing up and down that area. I'm not sure what's natural about that??? The gov't website has several different designations for different areas but offroad areas are pretty vague at best.

I don't have a quad, I'm actually wanting to use the website to figure out where to go fishing on foothill streams where quads aren't going to be passing me as I hoof it in for a little untouched cuttie action. Nothing worse than hiking for an hour and just as you get to the stream, a couple quads come flying past you and begin fishing upstream.

I have also had bad experiences with quads on the Blackstone where there are quad tracks up and down the river from one hole to another. For some reason... where I find these quad tracks, I also don't find any fish... must be a coincidence....

It would also be really helpful to be able to report someone who is offroading where they shouldn't be.

Cheers.

Bigtoad,

I was on the Blackstone last summer and a CO rode up to our party on a Quad, he even blasted across the river on his quad to get to our side...... but the fishing was incredible.

I would suggest topo maps and find areas where quads can't access..... I think pretty much if you can hike there easily, they will quad there.

You might want to try the Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders Association website http://rockymountaindirtriders.com/ they have an access section

Hey Bigtoad,

Here's a link to the Srd Website . This page contains some of the trails/areas for atv's in Alberta. Alot of the remaining areas are not designated as FLUZ's but are part of what used to be the Bow Crow Forestry Reserve, atv use is allowed and there is somewhat of a trail network, not as well set up as the FLUZ's though(not an excuse, atvs should stay on trails!) Thats all I can think of right now, I will post more if I can find it.

cya