Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing With A Purpose Part Deux...

As part of my field testing of this line I have tried to fish it in a variety of conditions, I think from -15c to +5c, sunny with sharp ice shelves and frozen guides, fly lines, leaders and FLIES !!! To sunny Chinook weather and mini icebergs, should cover it for now, so here is the report with Pictures this time..

The Fly line - WF-6_F Willow/orange Scientific Anglers Mastery Textured Series Nymph/Indicator..

The line claims to have and extra powerful turnover for multi nymph rigs and indicators, well it sure does and it will even turn over a fully frozen three nymph rig and Thingamabobber and it's self the frozen fly line.. what great day that was, the line held up great, no signs of cracking or strain on the line, my TFO may claim it wants stress leave but I put it right back to work, on the actual Winter Solstice Dec 21, and they both performed great.

Seven great Crowsnest river trout to hand, damn near to my backing twice, and extra accuracy and distance to my cast, I am starting to think big foam monster flies in the summer with this line!!!!

19 Dec 2010 -15c, lots of casting and clearing of ice, no fish just a great day to be out with friends

IMGP0001-22.jpg

Easy to see indicator tip..

IMGP0002-23.jpg

IMGP0007-21.jpg

Some of the net results

IMGP0007-22.jpg

IMGP0006-19.jpg

I live on the west side tartan cir..

On your way in the door or window, say hello to Thor and Fischer over 2oo lbs of fur,fangs,feet and tail... Thor the Golden Retriever and Fischer the King German Shepherd...

If you get as far as the line you can have it...

If I have to call 911 for your ambulance then well I will have to stop feeding the boys so well, if I have to call the corner then the boys get an extra ration for Christmas Dinner.

Merry Christmas

Fischer has stood up to two Wolves and a Black bear.. Thor is just physio...

I like how that indi tip looks.

I am going to randomly break into houses while I am in Lethbridge to get my hands on this.

Andrew

On your way in the door or window, say hello to Thor and Fischer over 2oo lbs of fur,fangs,feet and tail... Thor the Golden Retriever and Fischer the King German Shepherd...

If I have to call 911 for your ambulance then well I will have to stop feeding the boys so well, if I have to call the corner then the boys get an extra ration for Christmas Dinner.

Merry Christmas

If your Golden is anything Like mine were, He'd probably fetch the line!!!

Merry Christmas

regards Mike

Merry Christmas

On second thought I will just return the empties in my garage & go from there. The dogs will be eating for a while if they are snacking on me. I am a fly fisherman trapped in a bass fisherman's body. Enjoy that line.

Andrew