Fly Fusion Forums

Buying Rv In Usa

Looking into this and curious as to others opinions or experiences.

The RV I found is considerably less including the GST , other fees, currency exchange, and 2500 bucks to have it delivered to Montana border. I realize there are a few other considerations with warranty being the big concern.

It seems the manufacturer ( Forest River) has warranty all accross NA but local dealers can be picky if you buy elsewhere.

Anybody?

Thanks

Rob

Feel free to PM if you rather.

I have done it and had not problems.....but I bought from a dealer in Helena and also spend most of our camping time not too far from there. I did have one issue with the stereo in ours and turned the warranty trip into a fishing trip on the Missouri River. In my opinion you have to save 5k or more to make it worthwhile as you will blow a day or two in travel and a few hundred dollars in fuel to go and get it. I also factored in anticipating to get my warranty done in the US as the time it would take to make it happen for a second round trip.

The border crossing and subsequent inspection are no issue....when I did it it was actually cheaper to pay the RIV fee than to have the unit CSA approved coming out of the states. I don't think it has changed...at that time you could buy the unit and take it to the border without calling ahead like you do for a vehicle.

If you can find a good deal its pretty simple....on the other hand the dealers around here have sharpened their pencils....I bought one in the spring and the price locally was only $2500 more than the US.

Thanks fellas. Been doing a lot of reading tonight!

I can't get the RV I am looking at locally as it is an eastern model so really can't push that on a salesguy here. Almost 8 grand difference........................wow. Golfman, did you bargain with the sales guy in the states? I assume there is not much wiggle room with them knowing the Canadian is already saving a good chunck of change.