Fly Fusion Forums

Furled Leaders

Remps

I started making furled leaders about a week ago, I haven't used them yet. What I here about them is that they are amazing, great turn over and the ability to customize them to what ever you want.

I enjoy making them (when they turn out the way there supposed to).

Does anyone out there use them and if so how do they like them. also if anyone makes them would they let me know what they use. I personally use UNI and #4 mono. I am looking for #2 but not sure where to find it.

Any stories using furled leaders or sharing some tips and tricks would be great

Pike

I use furled leaders from 3' to 7' long for 90% of my fishing, turns over easier and accommodates my piss poor casting technique, specially in tight situations, ie: casting with just the leader out. I've pretty much quit usin' uni leaders, too limp, and lean more to mono and fluoro leaders. Only downside I can see, lay in a gross of floatant because you will go through some, mono furled get water loaded and sink after while.

A buddy of mine has a board and has been making them for years and keeps me supplied........I use nothing else unless I'm fishing deep chronies.........He makes both mono and fluro for sink and float...........I use them on salt for bones as well..........Great leaders............If you'd like, p.m. me with your email address and I can put you in touch with him..........He's not on FFC......