Fly Fusion Forums

New To Calgary

hey. im new to calgary and i am looking for a place near me to go fishing. i have a float tube so it would be great to find a small lake to drop it into. i know about the bow river and will try that eventualy, but i am used to lake fishing. i live in the northeast part of calgary. im not trying to find any secrets or anything, but some lakes and maybe even flys that work in alberta would be great. feel free to PM me if you dont want the info public.

Thank you.

Beaver lake near Caroline. Some other lakes in that area

Police outpost lake (on USA border)

Bullshead reservoir southeast of Medicine Hat.

There's a number of lakes in Kananaskis country in the mountains but the fish tend to be small.

Alberta is not blessed with many lakes and there are very few with quality fish

welcome to Calgary. You'll soon leave lake fishing as a distant second preference to all the amazing rivers we have around here... I'd suggest asking for someone from the board to join you on the bow and show you the ropes for a day... most people on here would take a new guy out in a heartbeat. where did you move in from?

There are lots of lake communities as well and the fishing in most of them is wicked to say the least. Im not sure of any of them up north but down south there is Sundance, Chaparral, Mckenzie, Bonavista, the fishing in these lakes is quite good. Ive only fished a couple of them but have heard the stories and seen the pics from the others. If your looking for somewhwere quick and easy ask around maybe someone will take you out. Either way, there is tons of water to fish whether it be still or moving. Make sure you hit the Bow ASAP, its awesome!

hey. im new to calgary and i am looking for a place near me to go fishing. i have a float tube so it would be great to find a small lake to drop it into. i know about the bow river and will try that eventualy, but i am used to lake fishing. i live in the northeast part of calgary. im not trying to find any secrets or anything, but some lakes and maybe even flys that work in alberta would be great. feel free to PM me if you dont want the info public.

Thank you.

Sorry for not greeting you earlier...my bad..welcome m8, it will be a new change for you I'm sure but consider this, you can now apply all of your skills not only to stillwater as you have mention but what 'BC' taught you on moving water...good luck... PS:..did you follow up on my PM that I sent you...........Wolfie.