Fly Fusion Forums

Riddle Me This?

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

My new friend... I hope to see her again!

Slow stripped a boatman in along the 8 foot depth contour and saw her following... Tried to alter the twitch of the fly which illicited an aggressive move towards the boatman imitation. I then in the light of the evening sun saw her mouth open behind the fly...but then she hesitated and slowed down and drifted off to deep water. I was so excited yet frustrated all at the same time. As a long shot I recast out towards the deep hoping she was just looping out and then back into shore. Then all of a sudden...out of the depths she came again...this time intent on one thing. She swirled hard at the surface and in one fell swoop took the fly down hard. She felt the pull of the line and did not like it one bit. She stormed out to deeper water and made three amazing jumps... Just like an orca at Seaworld she jumped clean out of the water.

Soon I had her in. Took quick photos and soon she slapped her tail...splashed me totally and swam out to...hopefully be caught again!

Sun

post-1649-1287883371.jpg

Guest Sundancefisher
Love the slope on her back, extra muscle to wrestle with. Hopefully your daughter can hook it before the ice comes.

This lake sucks

Incredibly sloped back...talk about a fat, fat hog. She might be a little stumpy...but certainly did not stop her from searching for planes at altitude...

Guest Sundancefisher
HAWG!!...What the heck you guy's feedin them things?!?!... :P

Cheers...Jeff..

A friend bonked a 10 inch trout...full of daphnia. Anyone know a great size 30 daphnia pattern? Not sure what the biggies are eating now...except for the odd pattern I throw out there.

Guest Sundancefisher
Here is a start :D ....I have a hard enough time tying a pattern on a size 12 hook.... :P ...

hideo_daphnia.png

The ones in the lake are more clear...and no wheres near as big LOL.

Probably 2000 in a drop of water.

Guest Jeremie

When i figure this out, i use a booby on a fast sink line or a flash fly. It has to have enough movement or flash to catch the trouts eye. Unless you find a pattern, let me know, but thats my suggestion.

Tight lines

jeremie