Fly Fusion Forums

Public Access Points By The Highwood/sheep Confluence?

Does anyone know if there's any public access points right around the Highwood/Sheep confluence? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Looking at Google Maps, I'm looking at taking Highway 552 east (then south), and then Range Road 283 south, and then possibly Township Road 210 east. Either that, or continuing south on Highway 2, turning east on 547, the immediately north and east onto Township Road 202b, then north on Range Road 285.

Only thing is it's hard to tell on Google Maps sometimes which roads are public and which are private. And it looks like there's a heck of a lot of farmhouses down there.

your in the right area.its hard to explain without seeing a map but you can drive close to the sheep less than 100 yards walk to the highwood.you follow the range road keeping closer to the sheep side and then the road turns to a rutted road which you keep following.its not far,maybe a half a kilometer.then there is a stop to park and you just walk over the bank to the sheep.i never found it to be great fishing down there but it is a nice hole where they come together.where the range road ends and the rutted road begins you will see an old house that is fenced off and some barns and buildings ,they will be on your right.hope i didnt confuse you more but there is public access.

Yea those are the directions for that spot, been to it a fw times. You are also right in that the fishing isn't that good there. i have caught a lot of little fish there but the biggest would have maybe been 12 inches. Though I did have a double header, one on the dry and one on the nymph, thought that was a big fish until I saw what was on my line. Nice spot, but the locals do go down there to partie.