Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing With Teenagers At The Fish Pond

reevesr1

Some very good family friends have family who farm around the Trochu area. On their property is this nice little fish pond that both our families met at on Sunday to sit around, toss back a few, eat some chili (and nice fresh RB trout as it turned out), and fish a bit. My son decided to drive down from the UofA to fish a bit as well.

The pond certainly had fish, but they were damn hard to hook. Lots of hits, just a few landed (6), 4 of them being first year fish (say 13" or so), and two bigger ones. The biggest was somewhere in the low 20s, but super fat. Pictures below. But my favorite is a shot of my son and our dog. If he wasn't actually fishing, he was sleeping. And he doesn't care where, ground, car, whatever. Oh, and he caught both of the big fish.

We did eat the two big fish, and cleaned the smaller fish for great grandma (we were told we couldn't put them back, they are there to eat). They were full of boatmen and shrimp. The big one had boatmen the size of a quarter in her. Things were HUGE.

Anyway, fun day with friends and family.

65196477166813763640958.jpg

65124477166248763640958.jpg

33599477166768763640958.jpg

64083477168093763640958.jpg