Fly Fusion Forums

Fortress Lake... A Preview

parryb

Hey Guys,

Have not been on here too much this summer, busy working far too much. I did have time however to adventure out to fortress lake to meet up with my fishing partner Dustin who was guiding at the time. Although the hike in is brutal the facilities are amazing and Bob and Karen who we spent the few days with were awesome! And made our trip what it was! And are both amazing fishermen, and fisherwomen hahaha

The fishing there is amazing, with a plethora of trophy brook trout it was hard to wipe the smile off of all of our faces.

Here is a little preview of the photos i took along the way.

Enjoy

Here is the bridge at the Athabasca Crossing, absolutely amazing

4920701674_07f05607fc.jpg

Athabasca Crossing by bryce.parry, on Flickr

Nice Brookie

4920096361_51e008b495.jpg

Big Brookie by bryce.parry, on Flickr

Sunset on the lake. Absolutely beautiful.

4920098673_e72518d24c.jpg

Sunset by bryce.parry, on Flickr

Hope you guys enjoy and there is more to come

Tightlines,

Bryce

Yep, and just a FYI that is a Brookie and not a shark ;)

Just a quick note about my guiding experience up at Fortress for anyone who is interested. The facilities and food are amazing, a diamond in the rough in the middle of absolute no where. Quite a spectacular feeling being the only boat at times on such a large lake with such amazing fish, quite a rarity in todays worlds. In regards to the fishing, it is second to none. Having hosted clients who have fished at other trophy brook trout lodges, the consistency, quality, and all around experience it offers to guests far exceeds those offered by any other lodge. It may not have the history of the east coast lodges in NFL, Northern Ontario, Labrador, or Quebec but the scenery more then makes up for it. Mark my words, that I know there are likely some world records swimming around in that lake and that one day it will be broken. This fish was my best go at it, all thou im sure i fell short by 5-6pounds, 14-15pounds is a big fish lol. Only wishing i had a scale as i might qualified for a IGFA line weight record :). Anyways thats all i will say about Fortress, Id like to post more pictures but im having issues in regards to that.

Dustin