Fly Fusion Forums

The Life Of A Bull Trout

troutlover

I've mostly Just fished the Bow (for obvious reasons) and i have never really Fished for Bulls much. I have caught my fair share when out on certain foothills streams but i haven't really read alot on these fish to know how they move through the rivers throughout the season. Or what their habits are throughout the mornig, day ,and night. Also when do they start moving to spawn, how far do they go, what ages do they spawn and how long do they live. During the off season of fishing i always pick some aspect of the sport and just consume as much info i can over the winter to aply it in the new season last winter was casting, this year is The life of Bull Trout so if anyone has some good info and books or websites i would be very grateful.Jared

Here is the thread:

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1208

and here is the document:

http://www.fmf.ca/FW/FW_Fm2.pdf

RL&L Environmental Services, 1996. "AN INFORMATION REVIEW OF FOUR NATIVE SPORTFISH SPECIES IN WEST-CENTRAL ALBERTA".

It covers Spawning and Egg Development, Rearing, Adult Feeding and Holding, Overwintering for Rainbows, Bulls, Whitefish and Grayling. Also a section on land-use effects on aquatic environments for those keen readers out there.

You can thank Harps for that paper.