Fly Fusion Forums

Change Of Pace

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

So this is another little teaser, but we changed the pace on pinks and we switched over to a small river hunting for cutties. Lots of beautiful ones from 8-18" and a landed an awesome 19" rainbow too, he slammed my egg sucking leach and i missed him and he turned and tail hooked himself!

SAM_0322.jpg

SAM_0318.jpg

SAM_0316.jpg

SAM_0314.jpg

SAM_0313.jpg

SAM_0312.jpg

Then i also had this bugger take my egg pattern, that was fun on the 5 weight!

SAM_0310.jpg

Enjoy!

Very nice cutts, Jeremie.I am a bit envious. You see, I have been trying to get some cutts this summer, without success. I have been to the highwood twice so far and have got a bunch of rainbows, but not a single cutt! Go figure. I thought it would be a sure thing, but thats what is so appealing about fishing. You can never be 100% certain of anything, even cutties.

Guest Jeremie

Coastal's are different and a bit harder then westslopes i find. They were extremely tough today, had a few hits, but nothing seriously hooked up with. We found a pool where they were podded up on a big white rock. Nice sized cutties too 12-18" but only got 1 take. and didnt hook up. Tomorrow is the stamp for steelhead and more trout, and perhaps a few coho!