Fly Fusion Forums

Carburn Park Pond?

Haven't been to carburn since 1998, I was wondering if the perch have gotten any bigger? any big pike being pulled out of there these days? Last time I was there I caught a decent sized pike, and seen ppl fishing the third pond but I can't recall ever fishing that one. Were they at all destroyed during the 2005 flood? Any info much appreciated, thanks in advance. Just wanna kill some time today and do something different than the bow. :drinked:

there are most defanitely perch and pike in both the second and third ponds. the first one, the doughnut doesn't have anything. i have heard others try and tell me otherwise, but in 8 years of fishing carburn park, I have never caught or seen anything in the first. the second and third have, like others have said, some very large pike. also perch, which are easy to catch in the winter. kevin taught me about that! the pike are fun too. there was this fella catching some nice perch from the second pond the other day and shows me a picture of a pike he caught in the third pond(you could see glenmore trail in the picture)that must have been between 35" and 40" it looked like it belonged on the cover of a magazine...

there are most defanitely perch and pike in both the second and third ponds. the first one, the doughnut doesn't have anything. i have heard others try and tell me otherwise, but in 8 years of fishing carburn park, I have never caught or seen anything in the first. the second and third have, like others have said, some very large pike. also perch, which are easy to catch in the winter. kevin taught me about that! the pike are fun too. there was this fella catching some nice perch from the second pond the other day and shows me a picture of a pike he caught in the third pond(you could see glenmore trail in the picture)that must have been between 35" and 40" it looked like it belonged on the cover of a magazine...

Sorry, I meant the second pond I do believe its the main pond. I didnt consider the donut as one of them.