Fly Fusion Forums

Coffee Percolator Filters

I recently purchased a 12 cup coffee percolator for camping and the coffee is great, but the coffee gets some grounds in it and the cleanup is a bit of a chore.

I have discovered these filters and searched most of the major grocery stores and no luck. I was hoping someone on this board could send me in the right direction.

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GHI7F...ASIN=B000GHI7FM

Have you tried London Drugs or Walmart?

How fine are you grinding your coffee (or having your coffee ground)? For percs you require a really course grind!! Maybe one of the specialty kitchen type stores?!

Good luck!!

P

I recently purchased a 12 cup coffee percolator for camping and the coffee is great, but the coffee gets some grounds in it and the cleanup is a bit of a chore.

I have discovered these filters and searched most of the major grocery stores and no luck. I was hoping someone on this board could send me in the right direction.

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GHI7F...ASIN=B000GHI7FM

What....no more Bodum??????

Mind you...perc camp coffee over a fire is the bomb (although I did quite like your press coffee). You just gotta wait for the grinds to settle on the bottom. Kinda tough sometimes when a hangover is lingering and begging for caffeine.

I didn't know you could buy those ! coool, but you don't need em

I've been using regular old basket filters for years, just cut a small slice in the center and carefully push it over the shaft and slide it down, then fold the outer edges over the outer edge of the basket, outside the pot, press on the lid, which will now fit snugger and have at er. Timmies has both course and fine grind - I am back onto fine now that I use the filter. Once you get used to doing it you don't even need the slit, just a drop of water in the center, and then just push the shaft through, do it carefully and it is actualy tight on the shaft. Leave the filter about a cm higher than the seive at the shaft (OK at this point I am just seeing how many times I can use the word "shaft" in one post) - anyway you get the idea - it works. two tips, keep the heat as low as possible but still percolating (vigorous percolating with the filter will cause boil over) and keep in mind it takes less time with the filter to strengthen up -