Fly Fusion Forums

Couldnt Catch Em So I Caught Em Another Way.

SanJuanWorm

Sooo... Why don'tcha turn your back so's I can steal your streamer box.......................................................... :mellow:

Frustrating buggers when they don't wanna eat anything aren't they? What I like to do when they get like that is keep swinging the biggest weighted magnum double bunny in straight black or white over and over tickling their noses until one of them gets pissed off and attacks...works for me. Either that or wait till the whitefish are spawning and float an egg pattern through there.

Neat pics btw.

lmao cuz i was THERE a few days beforebrotha!!!!!!!!!!!! no jokes...muahahahahahahahahahaha...shoulda hollered n lk and i hit it instead...that bully pic lk posted...same hole brotha....MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...too bad u know now what was workin LMAO.....wutta ya up2 sunday...

I haven't really targeted bulls a lot with the fly rod, but here's what's worked for me when they lie on the bottom

& won't take anything you put in front of them: tie a heavy marabou or rabbit strip jig on the spincast, let it sit on

bottom a foot in front of the trout's nose for 30 seconds, then give it a twitch. More often than not, that bull slams

that jig like he just caught it in the redd with his wife- no subtle take, just extreme trout-on-jig violence!

I'll go out on a limb here & guess that this method would be a lot harder to duplicate with a flyrod ( too much drag

from the current), but in some cases it should be doable. Maybe we should all carry the "Popeil Pocket Fisherman"

with us for these situations? ;)