Fly Fusion Forums

The Elk River

thefisherking

Well I finally made it back to the beautiful elk valley for annual float down the river. Five of us were floating this time around Garth, big Mac, wild Bill, Tom and myself. We floated the line creek to sparwood section. We were on the water by 8:00 and it was a little chilly out. Not much action until about 10:30 when the sun finally started to heat things up a little. Fish were starting to rise. A hatch of mayflies were on the water and I noticed a few nice fish taking everyone that came there way. I quickly tied on my best imitation and tossed a nice cast. Right on cue the cutty slammed it and put up a good fight.

spot027.jpg

I caught 8 fish in total from this hole with the largest being this guy.

spot029.jpg

After an hour the hatch was over so I switched back to my Chernobyl ant and the fish were hitting it hard. It seemed like every hole would produce 3-4 fish. I ended up with 22 fish to the net the largest being 21 inches. The fishing was so good I might have to make another trip out.

spot031.jpg

spot010.jpg

spot035-1.jpg

wild Bill and big Mac on lunch break

spot037.jpg