Fly Fusion Forums

Catch Limits

Hi All,

I havn't kept a trout in many years, but whenever I tell someone I caught a few they always ask, especially if I was fishing wild water.

So looking at the reg's, in this case for a ES2 stream, I am a little confused:

June 16 to Aug. 31 – Trout limit 2; Brown Trout over 40 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban.

So the way I read it is I can keep 2 trout other than brown (and bulls) of any size, but any brown must be 40 cm.

So brookies and cutties are fair game any size, up to qty 2?

Thanks, James

No, you can keep 2 trout (cutties, rainbows, brookies or 2 browns if they are over 40 cm, or combo of one of the cutties, brookies or rainbows and one brown over 40 cm).

There is nothing better then trout from a mtn. lake/stream, the meat is so firm! Way better then the bow river swill or warm water stockies!! Of course I would hope that you wouldn't keep any tiddlers or smallish fish just to keep them?!

P

P.S I have one or 2 every 5 years or so...

Why not, if it's allowed, and if you are ethical and respectful about it, you are paying for that privilege through your licensing fee!!

P

So maybe a nice shore lunch is occasionally acceptable. Especially when the Brookies are hitting non stop. Would have to leave the Cuttie's alone though.

make sure too check the river you are fishing does or dosnt have seperate catch limits.. most of them do! those regs dotn fly on teh bow, highwood, sheep, oldman, livingstone, crow etc... they hav there own regulations.......