Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Seen This Fly Available Locally?

Overall it looks that way, the big difference is the legs.

Instead of plain old round rubber legs on this fly, it instead has a short length of flexible micro tubing with 2 extremely fine ( almost hairlike-diameter) rubber feet coming out of each tube and because they are so fine, and there are 16 of them in total, those delicate little "feet" move very easily on the water. Much better than traditional rubber legs on Chernobyls. Out fishes them too.

It's the particular legs that make it work better than a standard chernobyl. So far, it would seem this exact fly is not available locally, besides, I can tie a chernobyl with standard legs no problem and I do, but they don't work as well as this one did. I know I can order this from a fly shop near Yakima, but was hoping to find it locally.

if you can tie a chernobyl why dont you tie one yourself. Or if you take that fly into almost any shop, I'll bet they can reproduce it for you.

PK

ding ding.

The legs are just small sili-legs threaded through micro tubing. Nothing impossible

Having spent a fair bit of time looking at tying material in various fly shops, I don't think I've ever seen that micro tubing or the rubber legs that thin anywhere. If the stuff was available here I could just tie it myself but I doubt it is. It isn't sili legs, they are way thicker. It might be worth taking it to a fly shop to hear them say they haven't seen anything like that. Or maybe I'll luck out.

Having spent a fair bit of time looking at tying material in various fly shops, I don't think I've ever seen that micro tubing or the rubber legs that thin anywhere. If the stuff was available here I could just tie it myself but I doubt it is. It isn't sili legs, they are way thicker. It might be worth taking it to a fly shop to hear them say they haven't seen anything like that. Or maybe I'll luck out.

You are right dont bother taking it into a fly shop. They wont be able to help you find the exact material, or help you find it elswhere, or suggest something that is very comparable. Buy it in the Yakima shop.