Fly Fusion Forums

Frick'in Rogers!!

So today I get another "unsolicited" promotional text from Rogers regarding some useless service that I'm sure they will ding me more $ for...

Anyway, I called Rogers customer service to have them stopped... So the agent says that I don't get charged for them and that they can't stop them, but for and extra $5/month I can set up something to have them stopped... yeah right!!

I don't have many complaints with their service (other then the cost that they [and all cell providers in Canada] charge) - I have a very basic package with NO contract, but this is just BS, you can't stop an unsolicited promo text! Bull$hit!! I should have given him the line, I guess i'll go with Telus, Bell or Wind, then as they don't send unsolicited texts!!

P

So today I get another "unsolicited" promotional text from Rogers regarding some useless service that I'm sure they will ding me more $ for...

Anyway, I called Rogers customer service to have them stopped... So the agent says that I don't get charged for them and that they can't stop them, but for and extra $5/month I can set up something to have them stopped... yeah right!!

I don't have many complaints with their service (other then the cost that they [and all cell providers in Canada] charge) - I have a very basic package with NO contract, but this is just BS, you can't stop an unsolicited promo text! Bull$hit!! I should have given him the line, I guess i'll go with Telus, Bell or Wind, then as they don't send unsolicited texts!!

P

Peter,

I am on a pay and go and I get promo offers texted to me all the time from Telus, plus I get once a month in a mail, about how I should go on a 3 year contract.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they all do it, but it was just an empty threat to see if they would budge!!

They're all a big racket!!

P

Peter,

I am on a pay and go and I get promo offers texted to me all the time from Telus, plus I get once a month in a mail, about how I should go on a 3 year contract.

Guest frypan

keep life simple , trow the cel ular phone in the river !

ps - it is run off so it is no t considred litering !

Rogers is a criminal organization. They tried to blackmail me into paying a bogus phone bill (phone was not even charged or used during this time period) a couple of years ago. It was ridiculous how they went about it. I don't want to get into it but lets just say I will never have another rogers account as long as I live.

I'd say they're all a bunch of criminals!!

Rogers is a criminal organization. They tried to blackmail me into paying a bogus phone bill (phone was not even charged or used during this time period) a couple of years ago. It was ridiculous how they went about it. I don't want to get into it but lets just say I will never have another rogers account as long as I live.

This is the problem when there are only a few providers. When I was in the states I used to get the best packages and, for the most part, not many hassles.

Okay folks, lets start populating the country so we can create a market big enough for a few more providers!

It's the "unsolicited" part of the equation that bothers me!!

P

Why do you care about the texts? they don't charge you to recieve them and to delete them it has to be quicker then calling in