Fly Fusion Forums

Head Wallets

chiasson

I just bought the Rio large, it's very nice but it's not as big as I thought it would be. It must be designed for tips etc, not so much full heads. It'll no question still go to good use but I was wondering if someone could recommend another product or perhaps a DIY wallet for lugging around a few heads on the river.

• 2 weeks later...

yes , ziplock bags is all i use , just add a tag inside stateing what wt your lines are if you have a bunch , which you will end having sooner or later , them wallets are mostly for leaders and sink tips , and i think pretty costly for something simple like they are , i have found a place one can pick em up for about $9.00

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple ideas from "South of the Border"..

I haven't had good luck with tips in CD cases, hard to get in and out. Ditto for the expense of the others. You can get ahold of some TYVEK, (either as house wrap, or as larger sized FedEx type envelopes) and use some scissors and duct tape to come up with your own case in whatever size and number of slots you'd like. Durable and cheap.

For heads, I use a "worm binder", which is a collection of very heavy zip lock-style bags in larger sizes that are held together with clip rings and then zip into a nylon container. I found a double size one on sale at Bass Pro Shops here in the US. The larger section holds full lines and the smaller side is perfect for skagit/scando heads. There are different sizes available, but I am not certain what stores in Calgary might have them.

Hope that helps!!

Scott