Fly Fusion Forums

Now This Is A Runoff

This is the backyard my sister's house in New Braunsfels, Tx. To give some perspective, we were diving off the top of the boat house last summer. It's about 10 ft to the water usually. The boat house is that thing by the tree that the boat is tied up to instead of inside it, where it belongs. The river rose 9 ft in a few hours. Both of the jet skis were lost when "debris", which was part of a roof I think, ran them over. The boat survived. They have only been in the house a couple of years and just got done all the landscaping. Looks like they'll get to do it all again!

robinsflood.jpg

I do like the RV shot. Just think, one flood like this in the SW and we could eliminate 100s of "squatted" RVs!

62873672.jpg

Everyone is fine. I do have an old HS acquaintance that lost her car and anything that was outside (mowers, weed eater, bikes, etc.). I'm not sure about insurance. My bet is that the skis were insured, but I don't know if they are insured against flooding. The home certainly would be, but no damage to the house. Don't know about the landscaping, decks, stairs, etc that were surely washed away. Probably not insurable would be my bet, but I don't know that.

Streamers tight to the bank would certainly yield some nice feisty largemouths!