Fly Fusion Forums

Repacking The Bearings Of A Drift Boat Trailer

Gil

Get a new set with seals and a bearing packer and doit yourself.Princess auto or Crappy tire has them.$40 i think ,and a packer is also cheap.You just need a grease gun.

43210333.jpg

I'm afraid I'm not much of a handy man. Changing the oil in a lawnmower is about as far as I go...

I'm afraid I'm not much of a handy man. Changing the oil in a lawnmower is about as far as I go...

Its not that hard.After you do it once its easy.Grab the tire and wiggle it see how much play you have there should only be a little side to side movement if any.If theres more then it needs service.Pop the cap off and inspect the grease for water if its dry and theres no play then you don't need service.Also look behind the wheel at the seal if no grease is coming out then the seal is OK.

You dont need a grease packer to pack the grease either its just convenient when you have to do it alot, grease guns are not that cheap. This video explains how to do it by hand.

. I would buy a tub of grease and you can drop the bearings and race in the tub when your done to make sure there is a good coating on them.

gil

if you swing by my place in okotoks with your trailer , i'll do them for you , only takes a few mins each side , easy to do , i'll show you how to pack grease into the bearing in the palm of your hand , then next time you can do it yourself , i'v done lots of packing bearings , my new trailer i had bearing buddys installed , you never have to remove the bearing to repack , just push in new grease till the old grey water grease comes all out and you see new grease and your good for another 6 months ,

bearing buddys the way to go