Fly Fusion Forums

Fish Cat 10 Ir?

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

Does anyone have this pontoon boat with the standup? How is it for putting a motor on it? i see that its a mesh back drop so im wondering what to do about a battery. Any tips?

Like most toons there just not set up for a motor and battery.You notice the motor mount is in the middle right where the anchor comes out, not good.The mount should be off to one side so its easier to turn around and turn the motor.The anchor pulley should be extended out past the transom so not to get tangled in the motor.As far as battery support goes you'll have to add some plywood 3/8 or 1/2 to support the weight.

Guest Jeremie

Alright that gives me basics, how is it for standing up? I notice the seat looks quite junky might get the replacement padding seat for that. Is it stable enough to stand up while you float a river or not so much? I guess i'll just have to be super careful with the anchor and motor.

definately stable for standing up although I tend to just sit down as the seat is pretty comfy. In moving water I find that you just don't have enough time to stand and relax while in still water the stand up feature works pretty good.

Guest Jeremie

I dont see any padding on the seat? Is that comfy? I know im already looking at a saddle pack because more storage is definitly key. I've got 2 rod holders i'll put on mine. Where did you fine the metal checkered cargo area? They come with mesh and im a little bugged, because if i put the plywood there, it will look different.

Alright that gives me basics, how is it for standing up? I notice the seat looks quite junky might get the replacement padding seat for that. Is it stable enough to stand up while you float a river or not so much? I guess i'll just have to be super careful with the anchor and motor.

I have the Discovery 10 IR Standup (not made anymore due to skyrocketing aluminum costs), same dimensions as the FC 10. I stand up while on rivers, but only when I'm anchored. It is VERY stable. The prototype was tested with a 6'4", 285 lb guy standing, leaning on the bar, in an 8" to 1' chop during a wind storm on a small lake, in BC. He did NOT get wet(much to my surprise!).

Look where the lean bar comes on his thighs, that's how big he is:

To_Dragon_Fish_In_07_012.jpg

j

I think it was 2 years ago, maybe less, that Outcast decided to cut costs (while still raising prices) by making the checkered metal plate an accessory. My guess is Gordo bought his before that.

You are right Junior two year ago is when I bought it.