Fly Fusion Forums

Slick Shooter Question

jonn

I don't think there's any real consensus on a best way. Search speypages for "slick shooter" and there are more different suggestions than I care to count. For trout fishing I just use a surgeon's loop. Perfection loop should work ok as well, just cut it off and redo it every so often. If you're after steelhead or salmon you might want to check the speypages threads and pick the method that sounds best to you.

I don't think there's any real consensus on a best way. Search speypages for "slick shooter" and there are more different suggestions than I care to count. For trout fishing I just use a surgeon's loop. Perfection loop should work ok as well, just cut it off and redo it every so often. If you're after steelhead or salmon you might want to check the speypages threads and pick the method that sounds best to you.

Thanks, it's just for a bow river switch. I want something that I can change the heads on, so I think I'm leaning more to a loop to loop.

I just use a improved clinch knot and melt the tag end to smooth everything out! if I want to change heads during the day I just re-tie a few inches here n there isn't going to affect the running line much as fast as runnig out of line when casting! it is 110ft long and by the time I use 30 of it I should probably buy a new spool anyway! never really liked how the knot/ loop went through the guides if I was stripping streamer on the bow I find the clinch is much smoother

I just use a improved clinch knot and melt the tag end to smooth everything out! if I want to change heads during the day I just re-tie a few inches here n there isn't going to affect the running line much as fast as runnig out of line when casting! it is 110ft long and by the time I use 30 of it I should probably buy a new spool anyway! never really liked how the knot/ loop went through the guides if I was stripping streamer on the bow I find the clinch is much smoother

That is a pretty good point, there's differently lot's of line to cut. Thanks for the opinions guy's!