Fly Fusion Forums

Nice Article That I Found On Msn

"Fly fishing is single malt scotch, Cuban cigars and the graceful, romantic arc of the cast."

AMEN

i am slightly annoyed with "surprisingly close to Canada's major cities. For instance, two highly regarded fly fishing guides are based less than two hours from Toronto: Grand River and Niagara River."

2 hours... really?!? how about 10 min out my back door running through the middle of the dang city of 1 million+ people

but of course toronto is the centre of the universe so 2 hours is better than 36 - 40 hour drive from toronto

"Fly fishing is single malt scotch, Cuban cigars and the graceful, romantic arc of the cast."

Ha Ha Ha - I know some guys for whom fly fishing is "The cheapest crappy beer on sale, illegally purchased "reserve" cigarettes and skunk weed fatties, and wind-knots followed by the loud retort of "Mutherf*&%#$" echoing across a lake" NOW that just oozes "made in alberta" romantic notions LOL

Geez looking at that post I better qualify that one just in case I offend someone...

The above reply is a satirical commentary drawing attention to the fact stereotyical imaging in almost any context is often invalid and the commonly held image that all flyfishers were created in the image if Brad Pitt is just plain silly !

I like to think of myself as Brad Pitt with a cuban and a Lagavulin, with a perfect tight loop, not spilling my scotch as a tumble down a section of river with a fish on, but to others I probably look more like pipestones description. Perhaps a matter of perception...