Fly Fusion Forums

Pant Style Waders

looking at upgrading my waders, currently wearing some borrowed waders that work, but dont breath - last august was sweaty! my big question to anyone who has or is wearing them - do you like pant style waders? i have tried a few pair on and like the freedom of movement and lighter weight, but are there drawbacks? im new to fly fishing so any advice is much appreciated...

I just got a pair of Simms G3 convertables and they are awesome. I have a feeling I will not be extending them very often

as I find that I do not wade past my waist that much. Looking forward to floating with them in the next few weeks. You should

look at them as they still have the same bomb proof material on the legs as the reg G3's and the fit is great.

P.

looking at upgrading my waders, currently wearing some borrowed waders that work, but dont breath - last august was sweaty! my big question to anyone who has or is wearing them - do you like pant style waders? i have tried a few pair on and like the freedom of movement and lighter weight, but are there drawbacks? im new to fly fishing so any advice is much appreciated...

I love my waist highs I have the scierra n claudveil ones and they are both great but my next purchase will be dan baileys. little cheaper for the same wader! like u said the freedom and comfort is awsome! way more enjoyable during warmer days forsure! only drawback are I can't Wade as deep wich is a good and bad thing! I pick better and safer spots too cross now and don't push it like I use to and really push my casting to a new level not being able too get out armpit deep to hunt fish! and for the most part you never do that anyway! I don't think I will wear chest highs again!

I have a pair of cheapo Bass Pro White River wading pants that I wear a lot. No signs of wear after a year. I find them so much easier to get on and off than full waders and much more comfortable to wear. I was concerned at first about getting into water that was too deep but I have yet to realize that concern. In my humble opinion, likely the best $70 I've spent on fishing related gear in a long time...

ulmo

i have a couple pair of simms pants , love em , the newer ones have the zipper pockets and built as tough as the G4 or G3 full waders , good points cooler in the summer , easy to get on & off , easy when having to go when mother nature calls , i like em more then full waders

drawbacks is you can only wade so far as full waders you can really go deeper ,

in truth one very rarely wades that deep to need full up waders , just sometimes , if you want best of both waders then go with the simms convertables , i have tried them and they are best of both ,

if i was to only have one pair of waders , then it would be the simms G3 convertables , and last you get what you pay for in good waders

thanks guys! pants it is. was looking at the simms headwaters, but basspro also has their pants on sale - so i might get those on the cheap and then save a little money for the g3 convertables - the simms are very comfy and all i hear is how tough they are, but that quality doesnt come cheap...

thanks again gentlemen, tight lines!