Fly Fusion Forums

Big Fish, Lost Phone, Frozen Nads

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

Made it out to my lake this weekend, water was just about 40 f. Caught some big pigs, including the biggest on my 3 weight. I was slaying them for a straight 45 minutes while no one else was getting nothing! All the fish were over 18" with my dad catching a beauty triploid at about 17" and a smaller 14" Still about 60 percent ice covered, but all the big fish were on our side!

DSC01023.jpg

First fish of the year, on the five weight about 18"

DSC01027.jpg

Big pig on the three weight, 21"

Great day trip, landed about 5 for my self, all big fish 2 on the 5 weight, 3 on the 3. Lost another 6 or 7 and same with my dad. Sad story: As im checking a text message i realize that my three weights reel starts zinging, so i immediately set the hook... guess whos phone ending up in the water... and guess who's waders leaked which after i got out, i couldnt stand up... But all in all a great day on the water being the first of the year.. and there was a massive caddis hatch as we were getting off the water! April 18th, pretty early still water fishing for me =)

Enjoy

Jeremie