Fly Fusion Forums

Stream Watch Needs Your Help

adc

Just a note of thanks to all those who are supporting this auction by donating and buying.......Stream Watch thanks you for your support............We do seem to be losing some momentum and it would be a shame to see this auction end short of it's goal..........(Auction Master Rick wants to surpass the initial bar set by Toolman in 2008 of just under $10k)......To do that we need more donations and more bidders..........We seem to get support from the same folks year after year but we need some new blood to keep it going.......Sooooooooooo, if you fish the streams of southern or central Alberta or if you make a living from sport angling in Alberta, please help!!.........Our sport depends on you!!

I want to add my thanks to all those who have donated and bid. We could not do this without you.

This program is extremely important to the long term health of the waters most of us here love to fish. We hear often how the Alberta Government doesn't do enough to protect our resource. Well, maybe they don't. So it is up to us to do whatever we can. These auctions can go a long way to helping this program stay solvent, and hopefully even grow.

There are items on the auction site now that are going for ridiculously low money. A handmade net from New Zealand for $150.00. A guided trip to the headwaters of the Red Deer (I mean, who wouldn't want to go there) for $400. Trips to the Crow, the Bow, Barnaby ridge, cool women's rain shoes, etc. etc. Come on folds, step up! It's not just about getting a good deal, it's about supporting a great cause. The trip or gear you get is a bonus.

If you have anything to donate, please do. So many of us can donate trips. You don't have to be a guide, there are so many fantastic fishermen here and so many more who would love the help. Anybody have good used gear that needs a new home? There are so many ways to help. If you don't have anything, just donate. Every little bit helps, even if it is a cliche.

We as a board/community have done a fantastic job supporting this cause. We can do more. Please help.

And I do want to beat Greg's total. Not because I'm competitive (and I am) but because I really believe in this cause and think this board can do it.