Fly Fusion Forums

Roofing Companies

Hey all, it looks like I have to redo my roof this year. I was wondering if anyone on the Board has any positive or negative feedback with respect to roofing contractors. In the interest of not publicly trashing a companies reputation, I would appreciate negative comments be sent via personal message. Positive comments would be welcome either way, replies or private message. Thanks for the input.

Murray

Murray:

I belong to a real estate investment group called REIN. In the forums, there's a section to recommend contractors. Here's what I found:

Lynnwood Roofing (Roger Cote) - 403-217-4114 - Calgary

5% discount for REIN members.

Now the discount applies only to REIN members. But, the more important part, is that they are not supposed to be on the forum unless they do good work.

Having said that, I'm from Edmonton, and have no idea who those guys are, so caveat emptor.

Smitty

Guest Sundancefisher
Murray:

I belong to a real estate investment group called REIN. In the forums, there's a section to recommend contractors. Here's what I found:

Lynnwood Roofing (Roger Cote) - 403-217-4114 - Calgary

5% discount for REIN members.

Now the discount applies only to REIN members. But, the more important part, is that they are not supposed to be on the forum unless they do good work.

Having said that, I'm from Edmonton, and have no idea who those guys are, so caveat emptor.

Smitty

I am a picky consumer.

The house we moved into was done by Bricor. When I had a leak they came out and after a little research felt that they should fix it. The previous owner skimped on what should be done and did not properly secure the deck railing where the leak probably originated. Bricor fixed it no questions asked and even worked closely with a company I picked to do our skylights at the same time. Can't complain at all.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Sun

Contact your Realtor if you are happy with them.

If they are any good should be able to recommend a couple of good roofing companies, and maybe get you a discount.

Being that this is referred business, you are more likely to get better quality service.

Checking the BBB is not a bad idea as well, but dose not guarantee anything on the reputation of the company.

Black Ant

I'm also from Edmonton but I listen to CKUA (a province wide radio station) and a company called Sunik roofing has ads on there all day long which is saying a lot considering it's a publicly owned station.

Journeymen certified roofers, being a trades person myself this is something I can get behind, so I think you could expect an expert job. Your typical roofers can leave a lot to be desired.

Good luck.