Fly Fusion Forums

Retaining Wall

Guest Sundancefisher

I am looking into this also. I believe under a certain height you don't need an engineering certified wall. I am thinking of using those cement wall blocks myself. Generally you just need the ground level and hard packed. I am still looking into it however.

Maybe someone has a how too google link :-)

I think that a permit is also required...

P

I am looking into this also. I believe under a certain height you don't need an engineering certified wall. I am thinking of using those cement wall blocks myself. Generally you just need the ground level and hard packed. I am still looking into it however.

Maybe someone has a how too google link :-)

I'm pretty sure that anything over 1.2m (4ft) requires an engineer stamped drawing within the city.

A wall constructed to 47" (3' 11") requires nothing, something to take into consideration when picking your final wall height.

The biggest thing take care of when building the do-it-yourself concrete block wall is drainage and bedding.

You need to make sure you have a good 6" of drain rock under the wall (that actually drains somewhere) and a hard level surface to start the wall from.

A quality landscaping fabric between the drain and level surface will keep the materials septate and the wall from sagging.

Guest Sundancefisher
I'm pretty sure that anything over 1.2m (4ft) requires an engineer stamped drawing within the city.

A wall constructed to 47" (3' 11") requires nothing, something to take into consideration when picking your final wall height.

The biggest thing take care of when building the do-it-yourself concrete block wall is drainage and bedding.

You need to make sure you have a good 6" of drain rock under the wall (that actually drains somewhere) and a hard level surface to start the wall from.

A quality landscaping fabric between the drain and level surface will keep the materials septate and the wall from sagging.

So when are you coming over? I figure we have a wall and fish party. Pick a weekend...Build a wall...spend the rest of the weekend flyfishing for trout :-)