Fly Fusion Forums

Floating????

hi all,

i just recently bought a hyde drift boat. Its been sitting in my grage for a couple of weeks now and it is driving me crazy not being able to use it.

So when do you think i should be able to float form policemans to mac?

me and my bro got a couple pontoon boats recently and couldn't help but float and it was -16. I wouldn't take anything I say as advice you can take to the bank, but the water is quite low right now so it's not too dangerous I don't think, so if you don't mind the cold, you may as well get out there on the weekends to practice (if you don't have much oar experience) that way when the trouting starts you'll be ready and won't waste your first couple floats figuring out how to do everything and also see how long the float is. Also, for a trial run, my bro and I did 22x to policemans and it took like 2.5 hours I think but there was so much ice and we didn't really fish at all so.

hi all,

i just recently bought a hyde drift boat. Its been sitting in my grage for a couple of weeks now and it is driving me crazy not being able to use it.

So when do you think i should be able to float form policemans to mac?

When mac launch is cleared of ice, or if you put a winch on your truck and dont mind scratching up that new drift boat of yours ;)

ive u have some experience no reason why u can float right now.. 22x is closed but glenmore and police are open.. have friends who have bin runnin jets all winter... but if u havnt or dont want too be dragging your boat up n over some ice u should float till mid april when all is open.. even then down at mac u will proably halfto winch your boat up n over the 5+' high ive shelves... but it can easily be done... JUST BE SAFE because it is sketchy at times....... if u havnt floated any streatch n are not 100% familiar with it i would recommend not!