Fly Fusion Forums

Ab Regs - Lead

Took a quick look at the regs when home for lunch but didn't see anything.....prolly went through too quick - having a conversation about how to easily identify lead in streamers without ripping apart the fly (cardboard method) - anyway nothing I ever needed to think about cause I tie my flies for both Ab and the Park so I have never used lead...

What exactly are the regs for lead in flies/streamers etc etc in Alberta - just curious if its legal or not for those lead wraps on streamers

Rob,

From what I understand, there is no specific regulations outside of a national park and lead is totally legal to use in AB!!

P

Took a quick look at the regs when home for lunch but didn't see anything.....prolly went through too quick - having a conversation about how to easily identify lead in streamers without ripping apart the fly (cardboard method) - anyway nothing I ever needed to think about cause I tie my flies for both Ab and the Park so I have never used lead...

What exactly are the regs for lead in flies/streamers etc etc in Alberta - just curious if its legal or not for those lead wraps on streamers

They have a wand, so they dont have to rip the flies apart. Same as waterfowl hunting, they run a wand over the bird to make sure you arent using lead shot.