Fly Fusion Forums

I don't think anything will happen, it states it pretty clear that they want to return focus to agricultre but it says diversing things are not always a bad thing. The artical goes on and tells how WSS has been good for them. All I can see is good things for WSS, what I think they were talking about was not diversiving anymore but putting a focus back into Agricultre, and it was the loss of that focus which caused the dismissal of the two board members.

not that the 6 or 7 stores they bought from the bankrupt Sportsman Warehouses in the Excited States was a shift of core focus or anythang. I'd guess that they forgot that UFA is supposed to be a farmer owned co-operative and there's been some grumbling from the grassroots. The farm stores have seemed to lost their way as of late.

Oops edit; I mean the 15 stores they bought down south.

If they want to refocus on ag and Wholesale is profitable, now would be the time to sell it provided they can find a buyer. Take the proceeds of the sale and reinvest it into the farm stores. That would probably satisfy the grassroots that likely initiated the removal of the two execs. Of course that's all pure speculation on my part.

Pure speculation on my part too. One of the Directors is a longtime farming acquaintance and he wasn't overly thrilled at the Wholesale acquisition but willing to give it some time. I'd imagine those US stores aren't quite as profitable as they claim the Canadian ones are given the recession.