Fly Fusion Forums

-pyrography-

SteveM

I did this one for my bro-in-law, who is a huge Cowboys fan (he just recently flew down to take in a game in the new stadium).

Thanks to Mike (Tungsten) for supplying the oak for this one!

pc250699.jpg

This one was for my bro...

p1090745w.jpg

My next project is in the planning stages; I'll post up some pics when it's done (it'll be a while, as it's a little more work than most

of my projects).

Nice work as always Steve,glad to see the oak put to good use.

I have a job 4 ya,on the front of my boat where the anchor comes out i have a metal bracket with sharp edges that holds the pulley.I want to cover it with wood its about 6" by 4" it would be cool to have a head of a brown burned into it.I won't make the cover until spring so lots of time.

those are some nice wood burnings, do you have any rainbow trout ones you can post up?

Haven't done many fish, as I don't think I'd be real happy with the end result (I've kinda figured out my limitations).

I did this one many years ago, that turned out pretty well; crappy pic doesn't do it justice...

p3240081k.jpg

Nice work as always Steve,glad to see the oak put to good use.

I have a job 4 ya,on the front of my boat where the anchor comes out i have a metal bracket with sharp edges that holds the pulley.I want to cover it with wood its about 6" by 4" it would be cool to have a head of a brown burned into it.I won't make the cover until spring so lots of time.

Forget what I said in my last post about not doing burnings of fish; for you, I'll make an exception!

We'll figure something out!

Some very nice stuff there! Question... I don't see you doing many fly fishing themed burns. Do you have any of those to post?

Just this one...

1010775.jpg

My next project will be fly fishing themed; it's a little ambitious( by my low standards), and will take some time. I'll keep you posted when it

comes together.

Forget what I said in my last post about not doing burnings of fish; for you, I'll make an exception!

We'll figure something out!

Oh I see how this goes, I ask for some troutskies and I get squat but he wants some and you'll do it. I can tell who the favorite is here.

P.S. although that fish burning was a bass, I think it turned out very nice and I don't see why you'de have a problem doing some rainbows or browns. but I've never done wood burnings at all so what do I know.

Oh I see how this goes, I ask for some troutskies and I get squat but he wants some and you'll do it. I can tell who the favorite is here.

P.S. although that fish burning was a bass, I think it turned out very nice and I don't see why you'de have a problem doing some rainbows or browns. but I've never done wood burnings at all so what do I know.

:D :D :D

Yep, Tungsten is my favorite, for sure! :angel:smail:

• 3 weeks later...
Nice job on the oak ive burned a bit and the grain can be a bugger. I have to thank you for posting some of these last spring it inspired me to get a burner and im addicted now . Are you using a soldering type burner or a detail burner

I use an El Cheapo soldering type burner that I've had for over 15 years for most of my work; I also have a second similar one that burns a little hotter(neither has any adjustment). I use the hotter one for shading in larger areas quickly, and use the angled chisel tip 99.9% of the time.

I use an El Cheapo soldering type burner that I've had for over 15 years for most of my work; I also have a second similar one that burns a little hotter(neither has any adjustment). I use the hotter one for shading in larger areas quickly, and use the angled chisel tip 99.9% of the time.

the chisel tip is all i used thats all i used till i bought a razor tip and then i found about this dimmer switch idea http://westernwoodartist.com/Temp%20regulator.htm