Fly Fusion Forums

My Condolences

I can't begin to imagine how painfull the last 24 hours must be for the families and friends of soldiers awaiting the release of those 4 soldiers names this morning.

Given the reporter's circumstances, alot of Canadians will be pondering the impact of Canadian involvement in a way that perhaps they couldn't fully grasp before her loss. Ironically I believe her sacrifice will tell a story that will have a scope and magnitude that likely could never be achieved without her death - Canadians who have become somewhat insulated emotionally to the military losses, won't be able to escape the sadness, the story is just too moving and I suspect the media will ensure that her story will reach all Canadians in a very personal way

As I watch this story unfold I ponder, as does much of the country I suspect, exactly what will be the long term impact of yesterday's tragedy on public opinion and support our actions in this effort.

No matter your political view this one hits home and will affect anyone with half a heart and soul