Fly Fusion Forums

Photo Of The Year - Nfr

sirocco

Great pics guys!!!!...My pics below, Fishin related, Yes...Did we catch fish, No...So Im thinkin these pics are not fishin related?? :) ...Lol...Was one of the best hike in lakes we did all summer, even due to the fact, that "Lake Of The Horns" winter killed, and we had no Idea.... We had talked to the regional Bio's a couple days prior about a few alpine lakes, but not of "The Horns"...Kinda Glad we never mentioned it to them, or we would have never went on the journey.....It was a fantastic hike, full of twists, turns, ups and downs... and a couple times left us wondering if we had chosen the right and or fastest path...12km in, 12km out...But well worth the memories and scenic/panoramic/vantage views...These pics, along with many many other pics of that trip will never leave my mind...We Have some longer km hikes planned for next year, but not quite as aggressive as this one...Well we do plan on a lake in the area and will be pretty close to or harder than the "Lake Of The Horns"...But at least the neighboring lake has chains to scramble up the rock face rather than eye ballin the best route as it was at the "Horns" (Don't get me wrong, I loved the Scramble up the face)...I know there are many many way more intense dramatic rock climbing lakes to hike into, but Ill leave them crazy ass ones to the Pro's... :D... Many of yas have seen a couple of these pics this fall, but it was my high lite trip of 09....Sorry, couldn't just add one pic, sittin around 8000 ft was an amazing day!!!

Cheers...Jeff..

FalltripwithJake180.jpg

FalltripwithJake181.jpg

Lake Of The Horn's fossil...(Horn Coral Fossil)...In and and around 300-350 million years of age...

FalltripwithJake215.jpg

FalltripwithJake221.jpg

FalltripwithJake226.jpg

FalltripwithJake228.jpg

Twas a scramble gettin up, but sooo rewarding to get to the top and see the lake...

FalltripwithJake186.jpg

FalltripwithJake191.jpg

FalltripwithJake242.jpg

Standing at the the top of the lake lookin down from where we came from...It was easier goin up than down... :lol:

FalltripwithJake238.jpg

Awww..Sweet pic Brian....Knowing you....( ;) ...good people!!) Ya prob well fed him, took him into your home, showed him how to tie fly's from his own coat....(Deer hair Caddis)....Cant wait to try it!!!... :lol: ...

Cheers...Jeff..

"All the best to you FFC members and or affiliates in the new year!!!!!"

Sorry I am unable to select one or even only a few pictures... But these are my favorites from this year. I tried to keep it really short... No fancy camera but awesome places.

rockwall212.jpg

rockwall2077.jpg

rockwall088.jpg

imgp0633f.jpg

imgp0270z.jpg

imgp0753h.jpg

mttemple2119.jpg

mttemple086.jpg

mttemple185pano.jpg

skeena2009064.jpg

That was a huge grizzly on the Copper River.