Fly Fusion Forums

Protest The Spp?

Has anyone heard of this before?

I first heard of it a while ago, but didn't think it was going to go as far as implementation.....

I read up about it, watched some youtube videos on it, and decided it's absolutely insane.

http://www.stopspp.ca/stopspp/index.php

There is a protest here in calgary if you'd like to go on august 19th. I just really hope this doesn't happen, I don't want all those quacks from the states moving to canada. Not to mention their government will be allowed to do whatever they want to us.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=4170974897

there is the facebook page with the protest date. Read up on it first. This isn't no conspiracy crap either, this is really happening and it's supposed to be fully in place by 2010, but they're already on their way. Anyways, I'm probably going to the protest. If the protests which are going on all around canada have any effect at all in the first place, it will be worth it X10. Let me know what you think about the issue....

I've witnessed first hand from my years living overseas to see what the Bush administrations effects are and they are not good.

Thanks for sharing this info with us Christofficer!

If everyone believed what Glen Beck or Bill O' Riley say on CNN and FOX we would be f*cked!

Peaceful protest be damned I say we rise up and quash that bastard Bush before he reprograms OUR cyborg PM to follow his madness of mass destruction...... I feel that the Bush gov and the american way of thinking (ie madness) are a bigger threat to this country then any terrorist org out there. Screw the war on terror..... The Americans got themselves into it why should we bail em out........ Just wait we will have American Military installations all over in this country by 2015...... Thats if they are not already here...... and if they are don't tell me I would rather live blissfully unaware........ Sorry I am tired and grumpy tonight you have to excuse my rant as its likely somewhat hazy tonight.

And to finish

good night and godsBEEEYAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Peaceful protest be damned I say we rise up and quash that bastard Bush before he reprograms OUR cyborg PM to follow his madness of mass destruction...... I feel that the Bush gov and the american way of thinking (ie madness) are a bigger threat to this country then any terrorist org out there. Screw the war on terror..... The Americans got themselves into it why should we bail em out........ Just wait we will have American Military installations all over in this country by 2015...... Thats if they are not already here...... and if they are don't tell me I would rather live blissfully unaware........ Sorry I am tired and grumpy tonight you have to excuse my rant as its likely somewhat hazy tonight.

And to finish

good night and godsBEEEYAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Lonefisher throws down!

Sorry bud, but I'm going to have to put you on the no fly list. And since W controls your puppet premier as well, I can probably get you on a Canadian version as well. I'm also going to have to revoke your access to any southern alberta stream for the rest of the summer.

Kungfool,

I got a little sumthin sumthin planned for you as well when we go hunting the bulls in September. Watch your back!

For the rest of you, I'm going to have W cut off the TV for a month. No US TV for you. Hope you like Hockey, Degrassi, and Beachcomber reruns. Don't mess with us, we carry big sticks.

In all seriousness, does anyone truly believe that W can get anyone to sign any type of North America wide agreement? He is totally a lame duck president whose power has been eroded beyond the level of ineffectiveness. I would be shocked if any process like this is not dragged out until the new, and probably democratic administration takes over in a couple of years.

I would be shocked if any process like this is not dragged out until the new, and probably democratic administration takes over in a couple of years.

I believe both parties are corrupt and that the upcoming administration will be appointed by it predecessor and not the people as the last administration, and many before it was. The average person/vote fixates on the republican or democratic parties debates and campaigns thinking that their favorite, if winning the majority vote, will actually carry out their own (unique) agenda for positive change for all Americans. It's a shared agenda... one agenda... and one party. Even if the polls weren't fixed, you would still get the same evil just a different face. It's the slide of hand trick. Keep you looking where they want you to look while the real show takes place just under your nose.

Yes, I took the red pill. :blink:

Oh, and Rickr, take no offense, I hate my own corrupt government as well. <_<

I believe both parties are corrupt and that the upcoming administration will be appointed by it predecessor and not the people as the last administration, and many before it was. The average person/vote fixates on the republican or democratic parties debates and campaigns thinking that their favorite, if winning the majority vote, will actually carry out their own (unique) agenda for positive change for all Americans. It's a shared agenda... one agenda... and one party. Even if the polls weren't fixed, you would still get the same evil just a different face. It's the slide of hand trick. Keep you looking where they want you to look while the real show takes place just under your nose.

Yes, I took the red pill. :blink:

Oh, and Rickr, take no offense, I hate my own corrupt government as well. <_<

Kungfool,

No offense taken. Got any more of those red pills?

No prob suntoucher.

But in all honesty, even though the canadian government is corrupt too, atleast our government isn't totally as bad the states. I mean, what's going to happen if this so called union really does happen and we become just like the states? You think our hospital situations and health care isn't all that great now, wait till you have to go to the doctor for penicilin and it ends up costing you $5000 bucks, or maybe you're out of province and you need medicine because your prescription ran out and you end up paying $500 for 2 pills to last you till you get home. Or better yet, you download a song and your ISP threatens to cut off your internet. The list goes on. Not to mention this is probably only an excuse to drain us out of our resources for 50% off. I think this would be the downfall of canada. Maybe not the country itself, but the pride and way of living would sure be a pretty steep drop.

No prob suntoucher.

But in all honesty, even though the canadian government is corrupt too, atleast our government isn't totally as bad the states. I mean, what's going to happen if this so called union really does happen and we become just like the states? You think our hospital situations and health care isn't all that great now, wait till you have to go to the doctor for penicilin and it ends up costing you $5000 bucks, or maybe you're out of province and you need medicine because your prescription ran out and you end up paying $500 for 2 pills to last you till you get home. Or better yet, you download a song and your ISP threatens to cut off your internet. The list goes on. Not to mention this is probably only an excuse to drain us out of our resources for 50% off. I think this would be the downfall of canada. Maybe not the country itself, but the pride and way of living would sure be a pretty steep drop.

Not to argue this too much, as I have argued for the Canadian Medical System to my countrymen many times over as I think it certainly has advantages, and my father died way too close to broke because of medical bills, but....

There is a reason virtually all the new prescription medicine comes from the states. We (Americans) pay for it! Here, much of the cost is subsidized which is fantastic for the consumer, and my parents certainly took advantage of cheap prescription drugs in Canada. But the stark reality is that someone has to pick up the tab for the research, particularly for all the drugs that fail (I think the failures outnumber successes like 10 to 1? I'm sure someone here can confirm that number) and that is us. And before someone tells me about massive profits, you are somewhat preaching to the choir. I agree that some things should not be for profit. But until a country with gov't subsidized medicine starts producing the new drugs, don't complain too much about what they cost in the states.

Only posting this because someone was asking. It's from the Parkland Institute. For those interested in the SPP and implications for Canada, US and Mexico. You'll be able to hear both sides of the argument.

Regards,

Beeayyaahh!

====================================================

Hello Parkland friends,

We hope you are having a good summer. As you may know, on Monday and Tuesday (Aug. 20 and 21), Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be meeting with U.S. President George Bush and Mexican President Felipe Calderon in Montebello, Quebec. The purpose of the summit is to move forward closed-door negotiations among the three countries for a "Security and Prosperity Partnership" (SPP) - integration well beyond the scope of the current North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Parkland's Director Gordon Laxer will be on the radio on two separate occasions on Monday August 20th on this topic:

1. CBC Radio One's "The Current" (national)

Debate between Gordon Laxer and John Manley (former Minister of Foreign Affairs) on the merits/dangers of the SPP

"The Current" runs from 8:30 am to 9:30 am on CBC Radio One

2. CBC Radio One's "Wild Rose Country" (Alberta-wide)

Gordon Laxer will be interviewed about the SPP and its implications.

"Wild Rose Country" runs across Alberta on Radio One from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Both interviews will be on Monday August 20th. We hope you listen in.