Fly Fusion Forums

Ice Tent

Hey, Bass pro shops has thier clam out post for $179, but still am on the waiting list to get one so who knows if it will come before you want it, or would you look at the Frabill pop up with approx the same dimensions but seems to have a thicker wall and its black, its $229.00 Thnaks

I would spend the extra $ and get something like this one.

post-2125-1257799191.jpg

Having the plastic tub to hold everything like your auger,rods, heater and cooler makes it much easier to fish and move to different spots.Also with the extra weight it helps to keep it in one spot with the wind.Not to mention set up is really quick.

Guest Sundancefisher

post-2125-1257799191.jpg

Having the plastic tub to hold everything like your auger,rods, heater and cooler makes it much easier to fish and move to different spots.Also with the extra weight it helps to keep it in one spot with the wind.Not to mention set up is really quick.

I am looking to get a toboggan pop out style tent myself. I looked at frabill and the quality seems okay. Not sure about Clam. I would rather a 3 man...and they seem very expensive

I am looking to get a toboggan pop out style tent myself. I looked at frabill and the quality seems okay. Not sure about Clam. I would rather a 3 man...and they seem very expensive

My friend has the Frabill 2 man we can get 3 in it.The seats are attached to a bar that sits forward of the toboggan.We just put a chair in the toboggan and this makes more room for the third peson to sit by the door.

post-2125-1257799191.jpg

Folks

Plse do not take this the wrong way, This is me being funny, the best I can do!!

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET A GOOD BACK CAST IN THAT THING??????

GAY POKEY THING HERE <--poke--<

HAHAHAHA :masterbaiter:

Folks

Plse do not take this the wrong way, This is me being funny, the best I can do!!

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET A GOOD BACK CAST IN THAT THING??????

GAY POKEY THING HERE <--poke--<

HAHAHAHA :masterbaiter:

roll cast Sarge, roll cast

I have read alot of good things about the clam tents. I myself bought the clam kenai a few weeks ago for my one man treks. They use a thermal fabric that is thicker then any others on the market from what I have heard. The fabric they use is the same stuff they use on their ice fishing thermal suits. The one I have also has alot thicker plastic on the sled and seems to be bigger then the frabil sled. I also notice that the kenai that I have has little molded rod, tackle, and tool spots on the front of the sled right by the seat. The clam was also $100 cheaper then the 1 man frabil. I know a few people with frabils and they really like them but I thought for the $100 savings I might as well try the clam out.

Nate