Fly Fusion Forums

Two Sheets To The Wind

So

I work nightshifts sometimes and google some pretty bizarre things. Lately, I've been reading about ghosts - keeps me awake. Some fascinating stuff about subsonic frequency hallucinations, reflections, hoaxes, power of suggestion and so on (check out the hilarious studies of blindfolded subjects using Ouija boards). I'm quite skeptical myself, even though I want to come back as a firetruck.

Many 'experts' debunk these events, but even acccepting their explanations, I still have questions:

Why do people see ghosts that were living beings? Why not linoleum, or jawbreakers?

How is it that different people can see the same apparition - even at different times?

Assuming that some of these spirits do indeed 'exist', where do they get their energy from and how do they use it? What if we mere mortals could likewise harness these energies. Besides from being able to make bitchin horror movies, think of the things we could do!

Do I spend too much time goofing off at work?

Anyways, I don't expect definitive explanations or answers to these questions. Some discussion would be cool, though. What I really want is to hear from someone who has seen a ghost or has some first-hand experience. I want to believe.

Cheers.

I have the eerie ability to turn on the radio just in time for a Nickleback song....

hahahaha....I have the same problem with rap.

My husband, who is a skeptic about EVERYTHING, swears to this day (and the hairs on his arm will stand on end to prove it) that he grew up in a haunted house. When he tells me the things that used to happen I get kinda weirded out too.

When I was about 14, my grandfather died. He'd been very sick for a long time and we were just waiting for the call. One morning, just as the sun was coming up in the summer, my mother tapped me on my shoulder to wake up....but when I woke up she wasn't there. Turns out my grampa died at 5:40 that morning....the time on my alarm clock when I woke up was 5:42. Coincidence...I think not.

2 weeks ago, to the day actually, a good friend of mine died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer at the age of 32. Again, I knew it was going to happen, just a matter of waiting for the call. I left the house on Saturday morning to do some shopping, turning on my personal cell phone instead of my Blackberry which I always carry. I hadn't turned on my personal phone in over 8 weeks - since I started my new job and got my Blackberry. But as it turns out, the friend who called me that morning (mutual friend with the one that passed) only had my personal cell # and called me on it when I was in Costco to tell me that she'd passed away. Had she not phoned me, I would have found out over Facebook - something that I said I dreaded - coming downstairs one morning and logging on only to find the news. Not so much of a coincidence until I found out that the time that I turned my phone on - the time I left my house - was the time that my friend passed away. I think things like that happen for not no reason. I've honestly been waiting for a "visit" from her...I hope and wish for it every night.

Hey Firefrog... Halloween was last weekend!! (insert gay pokey thing) <--poke--<

Personally, I beleive that some people are "tuned in" and some are not... I have some really weird stories that my sister's best friend has experienced in their house and if i didn't know her for 35+ years I would call bullshit!! Also my aunt tells a geat story about an elderly man (neighbor of theirs on the farm in Duck Lake Sask that had died) that used to sit a the end of the bed...

I'm sure there is a lot of people that milk this kind of stuff for profit which ruins all the legitimate people from telling about their experiences...

P

This is most certainly a question for wolfie, being that he is clearly enlightened beyond anything us mere mortals can comprehend.

As far as harnessing the "energy" ourselves.....we do -that's how we are alive. When we die it moves on or maybe not.........very very scary moooohahahaha. (remember count flloyd)

Been curious about all this myself lately as well. For anyone who hasn't see it, find the movie The Ghost of Flight 401. It's the true story of what are supposedly the best documented hauntings, that collectively make the strongest case of proof of ghosts in history. In short, not to ruin the movie for anyone interested, a plane went down near Miami in the early seventies and the ghost of one of pilots who died in the crash haunted the fleet for months. Numerous pilots and flight attendants saw him and some even spoke to him, there's even a flight data recording of the ghost speaking. There is also a new book out by Dan Aykroid's father documenting a long history of mediums in the Aykroid family. Dan and his father were on Larry King the other night plugging it. Makes ya wonder. We'll all know the truth someday, that is if it's all real. Youtube has some cool stuff as well, just don't watch before bed :).

I haven't experienced anything paranormal myself but I'm open to it happening, preferably when I'm not alone :o . I also hope that first contact, or disclosure and proof that it has already happened, happens during my life time.

I beleive,

We used to own a 180yrold farm house in Waupoos ON. very small Farming community.

The 1st morning after we moved in I was working IT support for Corrections Canada, had to leave a 6am to make it to work. so I got ready and went to get my keys off the top of the fridge(I Always put the there, no matter where I lived) They were not there search Hi and low finally after 1/2hour gave up went up stairs to grab my wifes keys went back down stiars and my keys were sitting in the middle of the Empty kitchen table. of the yearrs we lived there this happened frequently. got to the point that I would just say Thank you Mrs. Jones(the previous owners were the Jones and the farm had been in the family since they came over as Loyalists).

We would always hear footsteps upstairs in the Farm Hands Quarters, we would go investigate to find nothing. the dogs would not enter the Farm Hands Quarters you could not pull them in there on a leash, but every so often you would hear them whimpering and find them locked in the back room of it.

When ever you would go out the back door through the Summer Kitchen you would get this feeling of being watched, and ever so often you would catch a glimpse of a bearded guy in a red checked shirt and coveralls in the corner smoking a pipe then he would be gone nothing left but the smell of pipe smoke.

but the weirdest was when after about 1 yaer living there we made friends with a couple about our age down the road and started going there (Jason was the Grandson of the lady that lived in the house (Mrs. Jones). we were have dinner over there for the first time and my 4yr old daughter pointed to a picture in the Hall a stated the that is the woman that comes to see her at night, it was his grandmother the Mrs. Jones we were refering to.

so needless to say I am a believer, no matter what people say.

as Einstien I believe said "energy never ceases it merely changes form".

and those are my experiences take them as you will.

I beleive,

We used to own a 180yrold farm house in Waupoos ON. very small Farming community.

The 1st morning after we moved in I was working IT support for Corrections Canada, had to leave a 6am to make it to work. so I got ready and went to get my keys off the top of the fridge(I Always put the there, no matter where I lived) They were not there search Hi and low finally after 1/2hour gave up went up stairs to grab my wifes keys went back down stiars and my keys were sitting in the middle of the Empty kitchen table. of the yearrs we lived there this happened frequently. got to the point that I would just say Thank you Mrs. Jones(the previous owners were the Jones and the farm had been in the family since they came over as Loyalists).

We would always hear footsteps upstairs in the Farm Hands Quarters, we would go investigate to find nothing. the dogs would not enter the Farm Hands Quarters you could not pull them in there on a leash, but every so often you would hear them whimpering and find them locked in the back room of it.

When ever you would go out the back door through the Summer Kitchen you would get this feeling of being watched, and ever so often you would catch a glimpse of a bearded guy in a red checked shirt and coveralls in the corner smoking a pipe then he would be gone nothing left but the smell of pipe smoke.

but the weirdest was when after about 1 yaer living there we made friends with a couple about our age down the road and started going there (Jason was the Grandson of the lady that lived in the house (Mrs. Jones). we were have dinner over there for the first time and my 4yr old daughter pointed to a picture in the Hall a stated the that is the woman that comes to see her at night, it was his grandmother the Mrs. Jones we were refering to.

so needless to say I am a believer, no matter what people say.

as Einstien I believe said "energy never ceases it merely changes form".

and those are my experiences take them as you will.

Pretty freaky stuff there Teck.

Cases like this make me think there is something "more" out there.

Hey again

Good stories. I could read this kind of stuff forever.

Gotta believe in 'life force' or whatever you want to call it. After all, isn't there some kind of magic there? Something allows a bunch of chemicals to come together and form life, intelligence, emotions, communication, etc.

I wonder if, in a few hundred years from now, they track down these energies, explain and prove them, and put them to other uses. How many other new frontiers are there? Boggles my feeble mind.

Cheers