Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Infractions

No better way to teach then by issuing tickets as far as I am concerned. When it hits you in the pocket book you learn pretty fast.

Agreed. Most people would also complain about the ticket to at least one other friend or party..double the message!

I agree there needs to be more done and I don't know what to do but do "we" as a whole think that "X" amount of time with suspended fishing privileges would stop people from breaking the law? I wonder how many people that get a D.U.I. with a suspended license still drive? I'm not trying to stir the pot just curious!

cheers chuckandducker

One of the problems with CO's giving tickets for every infraction is the time they would have to spend in court if the ticket(s) are disputed. There is probably a balance point in the amount of infractions they ticket for. I would imagine they have determined what works best given the amount of time they have to perform all their job duties all while being understaffed.

When was the last time you saw a CO?

The last time I was asked for my fishing license was about 1990 when I got that ticket for...ahhh...nevermind...at least the regulations are a little more clear now...

But seriously, I think that was the last time...nearly 20 years ago...

The last time I was asked for my fishing license was about 1990 when I got that ticket for...ahhh...nevermind...at least the regulations are a little more clear now...

But seriously, I think that was the last time...nearly 20 years ago...

Surprised I've been asked for my licence three times in the past two years. Possible I spend too much time on the water...

One of the problems with CO's giving tickets for every infraction is the time they would have to spend in court if the ticket(s) are disputed. There is probably a balance point in the amount of infractions they ticket for. I would imagine they have determined what works best given the amount of time they have to perform all their job duties all while being understaffed.

Sad story that. "We're working too hard to do our jobs."

I say we give em great big guns. No questions asked.

Sad story that. "We're working too hard to do our jobs."

I say we give em great big guns. No questions asked.

All........ righty then..............

:boomboom:

Give em great big guns. :D

Here's some links you may want to check out:

http://www.alis.gov.ab.ca/occinfo/Content/...Pro_ID=71002406

http://www.alis.gov.ab.ca/occinfo/Content/...4&SNT_ID=25