Fly Fusion Forums

Streamwatch Why?

Well as weird as it sounds it does sound as if everyone has dismissed the $5.00 conservation stamp/levee added to the cost of a hunting and fishing license..

I think it's a damn good idea and I would be more than willing to pay an added cost as long as I knew it was going to get where it is supposed to. Being able to make a donation of any amount to Streamwatch or various other groups at the time of a license purchase would be a excellent idea that should generate a few bucks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as weird as it sounds it does sound as if everyone has dismissed the $5.00 conservation stamp/levee added to the cost of a hunting and fishing license..

It has been stated here that the cost of a license in AB is a bargain yet nobody wants to fork out an extra "fin" to go directly to the recovery of the resource here in AB.. it has worked tremendously well in NB and I believe BC.. and it was the hunters and Fishers of NB that pushed for the stamp, got it and then the volunteer groups that put the monies to damn good use..

ohh well I guess like Don Anderson says "And finally - when all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done."

agreed! it was mentioned that fund have already bin taken of liscence but we obviously need more!!! we gotta raise liscence costs too help with more funding simple as that!everything else in life goes up why not fishing liscences too help with funding!?

I think it's a damn good idea and would be more than willing to pay an added cost as long as I knew it was going to get where it is supposed to. Being able to make a donation of any amount to Streamwatch or various other groups at the time of a license purchase would be a excellent idea that should generate a few bucks.

Thanks !

I wish I knew how many hunting and fishing licenses were bought in AB in a year. Then times that by $5.00, and have every cent of that fiver go to protecting and enhancing the resource, ie. streamwatch and have that monies come in every year every time somebody buys a license WOW ...

Thanks !

I wish I knew how many hunting and fishing licenses were bought in AB in a year. Then times that by $5.00, and have every cent of that fiver go to protecting and enhancing the resource, ie. streamwatch and have that monies come in every year every time somebody buys a license WOW ...

With approximately 250,000 licensed anglers and 100,000 licensed hunters each year in alberta, at $5 a piece it would equate to $1.75 million dollars.

That would be enough for 43 streamwatch guys but I'm sure the hunters might want one or two for themselves, and they have the guns. :D

With approximately 250,000 licensed anglers and 100,000 licensed hunters each year in alberta, at $5 a piece it would equate to $1.75 million dollars.

That would be enough for 43 streamwatch guys but I'm sure the hunters might want one or two for themselves, and they have the guns. :D

*hit!!!

Now I know why we have not done this --- MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!!!! :$*%&:

Think about it $5.00 makes a big difference if it all goes to the resource... man that would be huge...

*hit!!!

Now I know why we have not done this --- MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!!!! :$*%&:

Think about it $5.00 makes a big difference if it all goes to the resource... man that would be huge...

Good idea.........Now get it going!........Write to your MLA.......Write to Ted Morton..........Write to the Premier...........Go to a AFGA meeting and make a motion............Attend a TU meeting and agree to take it on as a project.........As DA said, it takes doing, not talking...........At the end of the day, all the bitching and carping and the spewing forth of great ideas on this Board accomplishes nothing unless someone steps up and gets it done...........

I just completed a conservation with Fisheries Dept of SRD, the following is some suggestions:

1. The Minister & Cabinet have the authority to add levies to licenses.

2. The ACA also has the right to add levies to licenses for specific objectives.

There are another couple of avenues to increase enforcement or revenue:

1. The revenue of the Special Fish Harvest Tags was originally requested to be used on specific programs and currently is not. This Tag System also requires more time commitment from COs,so therefore these funds could be allocated there.

2. CO's first priority is problem wildlife. There used to be Problem Wildlife Officers to do this as they generally know the high frequency areas. If these were allocated separately then it would have more available for enforcement.

Sportfishing in Alberta generates some $450 Million to the Alberta Economy.

ADC has it right. Write your MLA, write Minister Morton, write the Premier, make motions at your club, AFGA, Trout Unlimited or any other Outdoor Group you may belong or attend.

As well SUPPORT STREAM WATCH.

NOT :goodvsevil():ON THIS TOPIC