Fly Fusion Forums

Incident At Police Outpost Lake

Just saw the artical (small as it was) in the paper yesterday where they said they have recovered a body.

Its a sad thing when this happens but maybe it will bring some light on the subject of rivercraft safty and make us all take a second thought about where lifejackets in boats while out on the river.

My thoughts go out to the family during this hard time for them.

Just heard today that I was on a trip with the guy in Mexico a few years ago. Details didn't ring a bell initially, however. His wife worked with a girl I was dating at KBL/ IEG? (an environmental firm.) The trip was sort of a work-related thing. Chatted with them a few times, nice guy. Terrible deal.

very sad indeed , family man , i just hate hearing about stuff like this , from some of the posts , sounds like he was a heck of a nice chap , prayers for his family , this post just sucks bigtime , him with a family and xmas just coming up , i feel for them all

one must be carefull and i'm sure he was , but nothing you can do when the wind comes up so fast and blowing like hell ,

happen to me years ago on cold lake , was in a 17 ft deep V boat and thats the only reason was saved , them waves came up so fast , big lake 22 km across and i was on the downside of the lake , we had to go with it to the shore and beach the boat , first time i ever put a life jacket on as i thought we was going to be swimming to shore

i learn a good leason , mother nature is never to be trusted