Fly Fusion Forums

Friday, Saturday, Funday...

SteveM

Just when I was starting to think the FFC forum was turning into a waste of time (with all the flaming, losing some great members, others who post very infrequently, etc.), I've been given cause to reconsider. I had made no plans to fish this past weekend, figuring to hang with the wife & kid, instead. That plan changed when I got a PM from Mike ('Tungsten'). Mike, you had me at, "Fishing tomorrow?" :angel:smail: Reminded me that if you can ignore some of the bullcrap, this forum has some splendid benefits. Where else would I get an invite for a day of driftfishing the Bow with a fella who knows the river? So, thanks FFC; it was great meeting & fishing with Mike & Dale ('Avalanche')- couldn't ask for better company for a day on the water! Here's some pics from the day...

Mike (foreground) & Dale fish the first run of the day...

pa180441.jpg

Mike takes us across the river, while Dale rides high in the 'BassPro' seat...

pa180442.jpg

My first rainbow of the day. This was after a break-off & several LDR's of jumping fish; a trend that continued for most of the day...

pa180445.jpg

pa180446.jpg

Cowboys by the Bow...

pa180447.jpg

Dale fights a rainbow...

pa180449.jpg

Mike displays his netting skillz...

pa180450.jpg

Can you say "COOPERATION", boys & girls? I knew you could!

pa180451.jpg

Dale checks out a side channel...

pa180452.jpg

More pics...

Mike pops the cherry of his new 10ft 6wt...

pa180454.jpg

Another nice 'bow...

pa180457.jpg

Mike works a run...

pa180458.jpg

Reverend Loblaw (that's me!) looks for the perfect fly...

pa180460.jpg

Only caught a couple browns, & they were littl'uns.

pa180465.jpg

Mike got a couple decent 'bows in the last run of the day...

pa180466.jpg

pa180467.jpg

Meanwhile, I played with the babies...

pa180468.jpg

Mike ended with this 'bow on the last cast of the day. It was very nicely spotted & colored; the pics taken in the dying light don't do it justice...

pa180469.jpg

pa180470.jpg

A quick photo & release, & the day was done!

pa180471.jpg

SJW & micro-leeches were the flies of the day.

Wish I'd had a vidcam rolling when Mike sneezed so dang hard he fell to his knees & almost filled his waders with cold river water; just one of the many laughs we had on the day.

So, thanks again, Mike; you've restored my faith in FFC! Let's do it again, sometime!

Great day boys and nice to finally meet you Mr Bobloblaw.Had the sun popped out i think the fishing would have improved but hey we all caught fish.

I kept saying wait till the wind pics up and Steve kept shushing me.Must have worked because it was calm all day.

Wish I'd had a vidcam rolling when Mike sneezed so dang hard he fell to his knees & almost filled his waders with cold river water; just one of the many laughs we had on the day.

That was, without a doubt, one of the funnier moments I've experienced while fishing...

I don't think I can add anything to the story the pictures already tell. It was a fabulous day with some great company.

Thanks again Mike and Steve.

Steve,

I would agree I have had the priviliage to go out with Mike a couple of times, and mike is one of the best hosts in the boat I have ever seen.

Yep, no argument on that point. Mike's such a good guy, I don't even resent the fact that he caught most of the fish despite spending a good part of the day on the oars! :bow: