Fly Fusion Forums

St Mary - Elk - Cataract - Picklejar Combo Trip

wongrs

Took a few days off last week and went to BC and came back to fish some water in Alberta. Man, is licensing expensive in BC. For 2 days of fishing it cost us 84 bucks or so as we were on classified waters (St Mary and Elk). The St Mary was a total bust but the Elk delivered some nice cutts, bulls and scenery. Thanks to those who offered advice on access points on the Elk.

Some pics in no particular order. The pics aren't great but it was a good trip nonetheless.

St Mary

P8020003.jpg

Elk

P8020004.jpg

Burning Man Cuttie

P8020016.jpg

P8020025.jpg

26" Bull Trout

P8030049.jpg

Cataract Cr at dusk

P8030117.jpg

PickleJar Lakes Pics

P8040133.jpg

I can't wait to get down there in September. I've already got my BC license, so I'll have to suck it up and only pay the classified fees.

The St Mary can be a tough one if you don't know the right access points. It makes for a great float though, as well as the Elk.

Good to hear you had a nice trip.

I haven't fished the Elk since the new costs came in but it's an itch that will have to be scratched. I did it my pontoon boat before and that was interesting - trying to avoid rocks while fighting a fish - I just about fell in trying get the pontoon on line with where I wanted to go. It's sure a fun river.