Fly Fusion Forums

Bad Drivers Or Lack Of Attention - October 8/09

wondering if anyone else noticed any odd thing about traffic/drivers yesterday?

by that i mean worse than normal as everyday people cruise through stop signs, don't signal, don't stop for pedestrians etc. but here's why i'm asking:

1. 8:45 on way to work. am stopped behind 2 other cars at a marked pedestrian crosswalk on 8th street sw for man to cross 8th st. about 8 - 10 seconds after stopping behind 2 other cars at the crosswalk an older lady driving an old ford taurus rams into the back of my car. doubt she hit the brakes at all the impact was so hard. pavement was dry.

2. 10:30 going to pick up my dtr for parent teacher interviews, a guy in a jeep talking on his cell phone drives right through a stop sign requiring me to brake not to hit him.

3. 11:30 after teacher interviews we are approaching the intersection of 47th Ave/Elbow Dr and a mid-size car is in front of me facing west on 47th at the red light. light turns green just as we arrive and the car proceeds into the intersection. an f-150 on elbow drives through the red light and hammers the car in the intersection. thankfully neither the woman or her young son were hurt. youngish woman in the truck is fine too. pavement was dry. my daughter is freaked out by the accident.

4. then on the way home from work i hear on cbc about all the accidents on the highways albeit weather related but still seemed to be a lot of them.

wtf was up yesterday?

wondering if anyone else noticed any odd thing about traffic/drivers yesterday?

by that i mean worse than normal as everyday people cruise through stop signs, don't signal, don't stop for pedestrians etc. but here's why i'm asking:

1. 8:45 on way to work. am stopped behind 2 other cars at a marked pedestrian crosswalk on 8th street sw for man to cross 8th st. about 8 - 10 seconds after stopping behind 2 other cars at the crosswalk an older lady driving an old ford taurus rams into the back of my car. doubt she hit the brakes at all the impact was so hard. pavement was dry.

2. 10:30 going to pick up my dtr for parent teacher interviews, a guy in a jeep talking on his cell phone drives right through a stop sign requiring me to brake not to hit him.

3. 11:30 after teacher interviews we are approaching the intersection of 47th Ave/Elbow Dr and a mid-size car is in front of me facing west on 47th at the red light. light turns green just as we arrive and the car proceeds into the intersection. an f-150 on elbow drives through the red light and hammers the car in the intersection. thankfully neither the woman or her young son were hurt. youngish woman in the truck is fine too. pavement was dry. my daughter is freaked out by the accident.

4. then on the way home from work i hear on cbc about all the accidents on the highways albeit weather related but still seemed to be a lot of them.

wtf was up yesterday?

Same here in LA , stupid allover, it must have been the weather...everybody on their cell/mike/Blackberry telling all their friends how bad it is out... not releasing that they are making it worse..

DeeDeeDee Google it...

was contacted by one of the insurance companies in the accident in 3. above. would think it was open and shut considering the truck ran a red light. but i dutifully filled in my witness statement. gotta believe that would be the end of my involvement (i hope).