Fly Fusion Forums

Last Weekends Misadventures

scorpiondeathlock

So when we decided to do an overnight float last weekend on the bow, we didnt anticipate the adventure we were in for. The plan was to put in at police at 8 am saturday morning, camp after Mackinnon, and pull out at Carseland sunday evening. The day started off well and all our spirits were high until upon pumping up a pontoon we discovered that the valve was destroyed and unrepairable. So the guys went into town twice to get a replacement while i waited at the boat launch. Thank you Fishing hole for having a suitable replacement. So we get on the water at 1130 and off we went. Fishing was absolutley stellar all day but mostly smaller fish except for a hawg of a brown i caught on a CCCCC (cripple creek clear caddis converger)

Browntown.jpg.

Just before Mac tried to wizz off the side of the pontoon and lost my balance and fell right in so to the shore I go. Meanwhile a gale force hurricane picks up while im trying to dry off on the bank. So i get back in my waders and off I went to meet up with the two others at our camp. Noticing when i went for a swim my camera and ipod are gone as well as my keys but Ill get to that later. I get to camp and thank you guys for having a fire going because i was freezing. Eat some steaks and beans with a few beers to wash it down and its bedtime. Next day starts off great as im dry and over losing all my *hit. Fishing is great again with bigger fish being caught more prevalently. Had a few come up for the dry but nymphing is out producing during this cold morning. We can see carseland weir now so we start rowing to the launch. I hear "Ouch" from the other boat as well as some foul language. My buddy got stung in the face by a wasp. Turns out hes somewhat deathly allergic to wasps. So hes getting lightheaded and his face starts swelling up pretty good as we pull the boats in. He says "hey dude i think i need to go to the hospital" and im thinking *hit my keys are in the water by Mackinnons somewhere it might take a while to get them which he is none too pleased about. Luckily the other group thats pulling out has a nurse picking them up. She checks my buddy out and basically tells him if hes not dead yet hes fine haha. My roommate drops off my spare set of keys and we are done and a little beleaguered. Great fishing comes with a price and we all made it out alive and no whitefish were caught.

Cheers,

Scorpiondeathlock

Fils1.jpg

Fils2.jpg

jeebus dude! sounds like a memorable trip forsure! glad to see yall got a replacment for your toon! why didnt yall just glue it shut like i told ya ;) ! sometimes misfortune can lead too some good fortune to!!!!!!! none of yall got killed! and u wont b forgetting this for a long time! thanks for sharing!