Fly Fusion Forums

My Report

I just posted a report on the 2009 CFFC on my blog, check it out.

Link

Rick Passek

i saw some of the events on saturday and was amazed at the poor quality of some of the beats that were chosen on the elk. or was that supposed to be the point- try to fish a big even flat with no features, structure or cover [therfore no fish]?

It was tough fishing. But the top anglers seemed to still pull fish out of no where, even when fishing on flat beats. I know that I learned a ton from the competition and will never look at a river the same again. It was a fantastic time and I will be sure to do it again next year in Manitoba.

Rob

i saw some of the events on saturday and was amazed at the poor quality of some of the beats that were chosen on the elk. or was that supposed to be the point- try to fish a big even flat with no features, structure or cover [therfore no fish]?

Inended up with that beat for one session, did manage 1 fish though, the beat above produced 17 for that session and 12 fish from the beat below. Oh well that's fishing.

Colin