Fly Fusion Forums

Just To Make Sure

lamponius

Hi guys,

I know it will sound silly to a lot of you, but I caught this one this evening and I m not sure if it s a brown or a rainbow. In fact, I was sure it as a rainbow but my friend made me noticed the pale haloes around the spots. But for me, with the shape of the tale and the little black spots (plus the colour even if the pink strip was very pale). Anyway, here is the picture.

thanks for answering me even if for most of you it s obvious...

post-773-1253163312.jpg

If you really look at it it has a greenish-brown color to it, most bows I catch have a pink slash in the center (not all bows have that mark but it is a real good identifing mark.)

Think of bows looking very silver in color, most browns have that brown/yellow/greenish color to it.

BTW nice brown

Yes.....................SJMFW

well. I don't know what ..SJ MFW..stands for but if you looked at how many ppl just "looked" at his request opposed to how many actually posted to help him..your other post [the one I quoted] was not warranted at all.................Wolfie

To Bhurt :

I see what you mean...I caught this one yesterday and on the picture I can see the greenish-brown you re talking about. Now I m sure I won t be mistaken again.

All you guys have been very helpfull.

by the way..no one has told you , but the type of brown trout you have caught have been the "Scottish Browns", and when you catch a real colourful brown, you will now have caught a "German Brown"..that's right..two distinct browns, and the "German Brown", you will see gets top photos in this forum for it's beauty..........................Wolfie

...........example:

The Scottish Brown.... r715xy.jpg

The German Brown.... sora4x.jpg

well. I don't know what ..SJ MFW..stands for but if you looked at how many ppl just "looked" at his request opposed to how many actually posted to help him..your other post [the one I quoted] was not warranted at all.................Wolfie

To follow your formula...this post was not needed either.

By the way the fish is nice n fat.

Maybe the people who "looked" weren't sure what it was either. If one person didn't know I'm sure there were others who didn't. Either that or they had already been burned once before by incorrectly identifying a lake trout as a bull trout and didn't want to make a similar mistake.