Fly Fusion Forums

Global Warming (not)

But, as Gunter points out, nobody can predict anything, 10-20 years down the road. We don't have ALL the information regarding the current cooling or how anyone is interpreting that information. That goes for both "sides". "They" have enough trouble predicting what our climate will be tomorrow, let alone 10 years from now.

Pseudo-scientists point to the ongoing drought in parts of North America as "proof", but, there is incontrovertible evidence being discovered in lakes in the interior of BC, that water levels that have dropped 10-12 vertical feet over the past 30 years, have been there before, about 300-400 years ago.

People with an agenda tend to ignore history, because it doesn't "fit" their pontifications for the future. Predictions are for fools, the only thing we can be sure of is the past. And even then we have to use a critical eye of what "version" of history we believe.

j

But, as Gunter points out, nobody can predict anything, 10-20 years down the road. We don't have ALL the information regarding the current cooling or how anyone is interpreting that information. That goes for both "sides". "They" have enough trouble predicting what our climate will be tomorrow, let alone 10 years from now.

Pseudo-scientists point to the ongoing drought in parts of North America as "proof", but, there is incontrovertible evidence being discovered in lakes in the interior of BC, that water levels that have dropped 10-12 vertical feet over the past 30 years, have been there before, about 300-400 years ago.

People with an agenda tend to ignore history, because it doesn't "fit" their pontifications for the future. Predictions are for fools, the only thing we can be sure of is the past. And even then we have to use a critical eye of what "version" of history we believe.

j

Well spoken my BC mainlander friend..Jack ..I can always count on you.....................Wolfie

Guest Sundancefisher

and I don't think anyone disagrees with living a cleaner life style. I have a problem when people say that producing man made carbon ruins the global climate. In which case that would mean to appease those fanatics we must all go back to cave man days BEFORE they invented fire. That is unacceptable. If they say wait a second...the Earth can "handle" some extra carbon...and we will tell you how much is allowed and how much "your family" has to pay and suffer finacially to exceed that...that concerns me greatly.

recycle, reuse, reduce...use transit...keep fishing...