Fly Fusion Forums

Nw Bow River Moose

Xplorer

Hey guys,

I went down to the river this afternoon to try to figure out my nymphing issues. I was walking up to a run I fish regularly when I saw a young guy spinfishing and another setting up his rod about a 100 feet ahead of me. I had to bush wack a bit and when I came around the last tree....they were running through the trees up the hill. I was looking around, did they think I was SRD? Nope....a moose had come crashing down the hill and pratically ran right over them. I talked to both guys after the moose went on its way, they were both a little shook up, really scared the crap out of the guy who was trying to set up his rod.

I took a couple of photos of course, seeing as how my nymphing still sucks and I had nothing else to take photos of... :$*%&:

Maybe moose don't like spin fishermen???

2009_09100001.jpg

2009_09100003.jpg

nice pic. yeah the male moose this time of year can get downright pissy with you. if ones coming at you get a big BIG tree between you and it, and you might have to play cat and mouse with it until it's bored which may be an hour, but it cant get around a big tree as fast as you can. Trust me on this. been "treed" by moose twice now...

nice pic. yeah the male moose this time of year can get downright pissy with you. if ones coming at you get a big BIG tree between you and it, and you might have to play cat and mouse with it until it's bored which may be an hour, but it cant get around a big tree as fast as you can. Trust me on this. been "treed" by moose twice now...

and what do you think that is ....possibility in may be your choice of body spray...or ..the 'none' spray u use..lol-2.gif.......Wolfie